Instructions for uploading products with CSV uploader
1. Fill the id column ( first column ) only if the product with that id needs to be edited. New product does not need id.
2. Code ( second column ) is mandatory. It is code of the product being added or edited. Duplicate value is not accepted. It will show error and the row and the rows after it wont be uploaded
3. Quantity ( third column ) is mandatory. Please enter a numeric value . It means the no of products in the stock
4. Master Category ( fourth column ) is mandatory . Enter the main category name here. If checkbox with label ‘ Insert New Categories form CSV ?? ‘ is checked new category will be created in database if the category with same name does not exist.
5. Category , Sub Category ( fifth, sixth and seventh column ) is not mandatory. Enter the category in the hierarchy that the products rests on.
6. tax inclusion ( eighth column ) is mandatory. Insert ‘ No ‘ if the product is not taxable . ‘ Yes ‘ if it is taxable
7. vat inclusion ( ninth column ) is mandatory. Insert ‘ No ‘ if the product is not vat applicable ‘ Yes ‘ if it is vat applicable
8 free shipping ( tenth column ) is mandatory. Insert ‘ Yes ‘ if it is the products ships for free . No if the shipping charge is required
9 meta description ( eleventh column ) ( mandatory ) enter the meta description for the product
10 meta keyword ( twelth column ) ( mandatory ) enter the meta keyword for the product
11 name ( thirteenth column ) ( mandatory ) enter the name for the product .
12 Original Price ( fourteenth column ) ( mandatory ) enter the price of the product
13. Discounted Price ( fifteenth column ) ( optional ) enter the discounted price of the product (this price will be applicable as price of product if entered )
14. Product Weight ( sixteenth column ) ( optional ) enter the numeric value of the product weight. Do not include unit. unit will be the default unit that is applicable in the shop
15. Description ( seventeenth column ) ( mandatory ) Enter the product description.
16. Promoline ( eighteenth column ) ( mandatory ) Enter the promo line for the product.
17. Manufacturer ( nineteenth column ) ( mandatory ) Enter the product manufacturer name. If the manufacturer name is not present in the database new manufacturer will be added.
18. attribute 1, Value 1 , Unit 1 and so on ( optional ) . Enter the product specific attribute name , its value and its unit. Maximum 10 such attributes can be added.
1. Do not keep ‘ , ‘ in the value . Keep [comma] in where it is needed.
2. Do not keep rows empty ( the rows below the empty row wont be uploaded )
3. The fields should be in the first row of the csv file. The rows below the first row are considered product rows.
4. To obtain the csv file format please follow the instructions below
i> Login to shopkeeper control panel
ii> Click on the uploader tools
iii> Click on csv uploader
iv> Click on ‘ download previous data ‘ .
v> A csv file will start downloading. It will contain previous products in store.